The History of MCC, Inc.
Murphy Concrete and Construction Company Building the Valley Since 1926
MCC, Inc. began in 1926 as the R.M. Murphy Construction Company with Robert and Mary Murphy quarrying the land behind their farm located in Oneida, Wisconsin.
In 1931, Robert and Mary bought the Outagamie Limestone Company in Black Creek and moved their business there. In 1932, that business and quarry operation was incorporated as Black Creek Limestone Company.
On March 29, 1946, Robert and Mary’s eldest son, Orville, joined them and formed the corporation known as Murphy Construction Company. It was also in 1946 when Orville and his father went into the concrete business with their first ready-mix plant located in New London.
Four years later, in 1950, Murphy’s went into the blacktop business. The original name of the asphalt division was “Central Bituminous”, but was later changed to “Central Paving”.
The year 1988 marked the merging of six individual companies into one main company known as MCC, Inc.
After half a century of being run and built by the second generation of Murphy’s, MCC saw the “passing of the torch” to the third generation in the 1990’s.
In 2004, MCC, Inc. purchased the property at 2600 N. Roemer Road in Appleton’s Northeast Industrial Park. The large office enabled MCC, Inc. and Black Creek Limestone to consolidate administrative, management, dispatching and quality control at one location. With upgrades to the former manufacturing building on Roemer Road, MCC, Inc. was able to bring under one roof its mechanics from six shops at four different locations.
MCC, Inc. employs over 400 people and has a dedicated family of employees. MCC, Inc. and its employees are committed to providing products of the highest quality and service that is second to none.
Composed of an Aggregate Division, Construction/Asphalt Division, Concrete Division, Maintenance Division, and Trucking Division, MCC, Inc. has responded with enthusiasm and respect to the environment to continue and advance
into the 21st century.